What is the Silent Auction?
The Silent Auction provides a way for American Fisheries Society (AFS) meeting participants to competitively bid on items and services knowing that their purchase will contribute to the John E. Skinner Memorial Fund which provides monetary travel awards for students to attend the AFS Annual Meetings.
Businesses and organizations are invited to donate their products or services for the Silent Auction. All donated items are displayed and put up for bid during the three days of the Trade Show. When the Silent Auction closes, donated items are distributed to the participants who entered the highest bids.
Products donated during past AFS Annual Meetings include scientific equipment, pleasure craft, fishing and outdoor equipment, tourism and gastronomic packages, as well as local products and art.
To donate a product or service, please fill out this AFS2014 Silent Auction Form
Please click here to see the List of donations
Top Donors so far ($1000 +):
- Lotek Wireless: SRX800- M1 Biotelemetry Radio Receiver (Value of $CAN 2,200)
Product description SRX-M
- Vemco : Starter VEMCO Fine Scale Positioning System (Value of $CAN 16,000)
Product description VPS
- NAVICO : Lowrance Elite 7 HDI Sounder/GPS chartplotter along with a 3-mo unlimited subscription to BioBase cloud-based automated aquatic mapping service (Value of $CAN 1,400)
Product description Bio Base
- Display of donations during the three days of the Trade Show with a description of the donated item
- Donation acknowledgment on Meeting web page
- Donation acknowledgment on Meeting Facebook page
- Donation list insert in the official Meeting bag
Top Donor’s Visibility ($1000 +)
- Full descriptive sheet of the product on the conference web page
- Extended bid time for donations (see below)
The Silent Auction will be held in the Exhibit Hall. Everyone attending the American Fisheries Society Annual Meeting is invited to participate in the Auction by signing the bid sheet corresponding to the donated item of his/her choice. Payment may be made in cash (Canadian or US dollars), credit card, or check.
- Silent Auction starts at 11:30 a.m. on Monday August 18th
- Silent Auction ends at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday August 20th
- Donated items will be given to the highest bidder on Wednesday August 20th from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Auction of Items for Top Donors
The donations will be put out for bid from Monday August 18th at 11:30 a.m. to Wednesday August 20th at 12:30 p.m.
For information, please contact Sarah Larochelle at 418-649-6889